- This event has passed.
The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine: A Virtual Author Talk with Dr. Robert Lustig
January 30 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Launch your New Year healthy with Dr. Robert Lustig, a pediatric neuroendocrinologist who has long been on the cutting edge of medicine and science. He challenges our current healthcare paradigm which has gone off the rails under the influence of Big Food, Big Pharma, and Big Government.
You can’t solve a problem if you don’t know what the problem is. One of Lustig’s singular gifts as a communicator is his ability to “connect the dots” for the general reader, in order to unpack the scientific data and concepts behind his arguments, as he tells the “real story of food” and “the story of real food.”
Dr. Lustig’s book, Metabolical: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine, weaves the interconnected strands of nutrition, health/disease, medicine, environment, and society into a completely new fabric by proving on a scientific basis a series of iconoclastic revelations, among them:
- Medicine for chronic disease treats symptoms, not the disease itself
- You can diagnose your own biochemical profile
- Chronic diseases are not “druggable,” but they are “foodable”
- Processed food isn’t just toxic, it’s addictive
- The war between vegan and keto is a false war—the combatants are on the same side
- Big Food, Big Pharma, and Big Government are on the other side
Can’t make it then? Register today and receive an email with a link to the recording to watch later.