We are looking for responsible young people to volunteer at the library this summer. Are you …
- entering grades 7 or higher in the fall of 2019?
- a Denville resident?
- able to commit one to two hours during the weeks that you volunteer?
- interested in helping out at children’s activities or within the children’s library?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d love to have you!
Volunteers are needed during our Summer Reading Program, which begins on Monday, June 24th and runs through Wednesday, August 7th. Most volunteers assist at the children’s summer events listed in our Google Calendar of Events.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to volunteer:
- Please visit the Google Calendar of Events to see which dates / times / events at which you would like to help us.
- Complete the 2019 Teen Volunteer Form, which must be signed by your parent or guardian and dropped off at the library.
- E-mail Ms. Maryellen, our Youth Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and proposed schedule. We will then work together to create a volunteering schedule for you.
Two important points:
- There is no minimum hours requirement, but we do try to limit our volunteers to two hours of volunteering per week.
- If you are unable to volunteer at specific children’s events, we may be able to accommodate your volunteering at specific times. Please email Ms. Maryellen and we will try to find a shift when we have a staff member to supervise you.
Are you doing some shopping? Please consider adding something from our Amazon Wish List! Lots of very inexpensive items are on the list that will help us out with crafts, storytimes, and other events. You can click the image below for more information. THANK YOU!
Please click here or on the green button below to find our list of book suggestions by Guided Reading Level (A to Z). All titles listed are owned by the Denville Library. Questions? Give us a call! 973-627-6555.
Denville, along with other Morris County libraries, now has access to Tumblebooks.
What is Tumblebooks? It’s a collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eReadAlongs, graphic novels, National Geographic videos, interactive games, and more specifically for children. There are no holds or waiting lists — just access the site and read!
To visit Tumblebooks at home, you’ll need your library card. Please click here or on the image below to get started. Enjoy!