We are looking for responsible young people to volunteer at the library this summer. Are you …
- entering grades 7 or higher in the fall of 2018?
- a Denville resident?
- able to commit one to two hours during the weeks that you volunteer?
- interested in helping out at children’s activities or within the children’s library?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d love to have you!
Volunteers are needed during our Summer Reading Program, which begins on Monday, June 25th and runs through Wednesday, August 8th. Most volunteers assist at the children’s summer events listed in our Google Calendar of Events.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to volunteer:
- Please visit the Google Calendar of Events to see which dates / times / events at which you would like to help us.
- Complete the 2018 Teen Volunteer Form, which must be signed by your parent or guardian and dropped off at the library.
- E-mail Ms. Maryellen, our Youth Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and proposed schedule. We will then work together to create a volunteering schedule for you.
Two important points:
- There is no minimum hours requirement, but we do try to limit our volunteers to two hours of volunteering per week.
- If you are unable to volunteer at specific children’s events, we may be able to accommodate your volunteering at specific times. Please email Ms. Maryellen and we will try to find a shift when we have a staff member to supervise you.
Denville residents, from pre-readers through children entering 7th grade, come read with us this summer!
Please click here or on the image below to sign up for our Summer Reading Program. Just by reading you can win great weekly gifts and raffle prizes. Reading + cool, free stuff? Sounds good to us! 😀☀
Are you subscribed to our Youth Services Newsletter? Do you want to be? Of course you do! Stay in touch with us to be the first to hear about new programs and activities for children of all ages. We typically send out two newsletters per month during the school year — we are weekly in the summer — so we promise not to clog your inbox!
Are you signed up and still not receiving the newsletter? Please add email@example.com to your list of contacts.
Want to see the latest edition of our newsletter? Please click here or on the image below. Thank you!
Denville, along with other Morris County libraries, now has access to Tumblebooks.
What is Tumblebooks? It’s a collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eReadAlongs, graphic novels, National Geographic videos, interactive games, and more specifically for children. There are no holds or waiting lists — just access the site and read!
To visit Tumblebooks at home, you’ll need your library card. Please click here or on the image below to get started. Enjoy!
Mr. D and Ms. Melanie treated our young patrons to a musical rendition of “Driving My Tractor” at one of our storytimes. So much fun!
Please meet our staff. We are always happy to help our patrons!
Maryellen Liddy is the Supervising Librarian of Youth Services. She can be reached at Maryellen.Liddy@denvillelibrary.org.
Christine Kabshura is the Children's Programmer. She can be reached at the Library's main number, 973-627-6555.
We also have two library assistants: