Welcome back to In-Library Browsing & Checkout by appointment.
We are currently taking 15-minute appointments for the main areas of the Library and for the children’s room. Patrons can book their own appointments by using the button below or calling the Library at 973-627-6555.
We continue to offer Curbside Pickup of holds for patrons who prefer this method of accessing library services. Hours for Curbside Pickup will be identical to our In-Library appointment hours, with the exception of weekday evenings, when Curbside will end at 7 pm.
Please continue to place holds for Curbside Pickup using the Library Catalog, calling us, or using our Reader Request Forms. More info below:
Call us during business hours at 973-627-6555 to request an item.
Not sure what you want? Check out our brand-new Reader Request Forms! We can help select Denville Library items for you to pick up. Please use the buttons below:
Want to browse before you come to the Library for your appointment or before placing holds? Use these buttons to view Book Cover Carousels! You’ll click on the book covers to see more information. We continually update the carousels, so please continue to check back.
Have you been enjoying our outdoor Pop-Up Library? We have, too! We will continue to hold the Pop-Up Library, weather permitting, on Saturday mornings from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
Questions? We’ve got answers! Please click below for specific procedures and FAQs (updated 10-22-2020).
Need a library card to access our digital content or check out library materials? We can set you up online! Please fill out this form and we will be in touch shortly.
How does it work?
- Send your print job to the library. Wait for a confirmation email.
- Come to the library and call (973)-627-6555. Let the library know you are here to pickup a printout.
- Give the Library your spot number, last name and email address. Open your trunk.
- Library staff will print your printjob and bring it out to your car.
- There is NO charge at this time but printing is limited to 5 pages per day and only black and white
Three ways to PRINT
- send an email with your document as an ATTACHMENT to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: The e-mail must have a subject line or else the job will not go through. This is a recent change via PrinterOn for security concerns. Updated 10/19/2020
- Upload your document(s) to this URL: http://printeron.net/main/denville-township
- Use the mobile app! Download the PRINTERON app in the Android and iOS app stores.
To print from the mobile app:
Service begins on Monday, August 10, 2020.
For more information or assistance with sending your print jobs please call the Library at 973-627-6555.
- Imagine That! – Read more about their procedures here.
- Storm King Art Center – Read more about their procedure here.
- Morris Museum – Read more about their procedures here.
- Montclair Art Museum – Read more about their procedures here.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum – Read more about their procedures here. Click here to request time tickets from The Intrepid. you MUST also request the Museum Pass from the Library for the same day.
- USS Constitution – Read more about their procedures here.
To reserve library passes to please call the library at 973-627-6555 and refer to this page for our policies.
For information on the proposed expansion project, please hover over About on the menu above and then click on Proposed Expansion Project Information or click here.
Celebrate Earth Day today!
Books available through the 3M Cloud Library
- Rain by Cynthia Barnett
- The Ends of the World by Peter Brannen
- Let it Rot! by Stu Campbell (also in Freading)
- Seeing Seeds by Teri Dunn Chace and Robert Llewellyn (also in Freading)
- The Living Great Lakes by Jerry Dennis
- The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan
- We are the Weather by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Hellstrip Gardening by Evelyn Hadden and Joshua McCullough
- VBQ – The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer (Also in Freading)
- One Magic Square Vegetable Gardening by Lolo Houbein
- Wise Trees by Diane Cook, Len Jenshel, and Verlyn Klinkenborg
- On Fire by Naomi Klein
- A Plant-Based Life by Micaela Cook Karlsen (also in Freading)
- Composting by Robin Koontz (also in Freading)
- The Living Forest by Robert Lewellyn and Joan Maloof (also in Freading)
- The Complete Compost Gardening Guide by Deborah L Martin and Barbara Pleasant (also in Freading)
- How to Give Up Plastic by Will McCallum
- The Make Ahead Vegan Cookbook by Ginny Kay McMeans
- Wonders by Rhonda Rubinstein, California Academy of Sciences, Sylvia A. Earle, Suzi Esterhas, and Jonathan Foley
- Nocturne by Traer Scott
- Wild Babies by Traer Scott
- Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook by Del, Sroufe, Isa Chandra, Julienna Hever, Darshana Thacker, Judy Micklewright (Also in Freading)
- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are by Frans de Waal
- The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells
- Peace and Parsnips by Lee Watson
- Gardenlust by Christopher Woods
- Attracting Native Pollinators by the Xerces Society
- Gardening for Butterflies by the Xerces Society
- The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigaulpi
- The Drowned World by J G Ballard
- Microsculpture by Levon Biss
- Florida by Lauren Groff
- Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver (also available in Freading)
- The End of the Ocean by Maja Lunde (also available in Freading)
- A River Runs Through It and Other Stories by Norman MacIean
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
Books available in Freading
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler (novel)
- Deer-Resistant Design by Karen Chapman
- Rocco’s Healthy & Delicious by Rocco DiSpirito
- The Essential Plant-Based Pantry by Maggie Green
- Got Sun? by Carolyn Harstad
- Gardening With Perennials by Noel Kingsbury
- A Garden Can Be Anywhere by Lauri Kranz
- Container Theme Gardens by Nancy J. Ondra
- Living Crazy Healthy by Jennifer Rossano The Human Planet by George Steinmetz and Andrew Revkin
- How to Build, Maintain, and Use a Compost System by Kelly Smith
- Homegrown Berries by Timber Press
- The Amazing Monarch by Windle Turley
Magazines available in RB Digital
- Amateur Gardening
- Better Nutrition
- Birds and Blooms
- Clean Eating
- Food Gardening
- The Gardener
- Garden Gate
- Modern Gardens
- Mother Earth News
- taste.com.au Cookbooks (Feb 1, 2020 issue is plant-based)
- VegNews Magazine
Animal and Nature info/resources/trips/tours
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Calming Ocean Videos
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Webcams
- National Park Service Earth Day Celebration
- National Park Service Find Your “Virtual” Park
- National Park Service National Park Week
- Natural Habitat Adventures Daily Dose of Nature Webinars
- National Zoo 7 Simple Actions to Help Birds
- National Zoo Webcams (new Cheetah Cub Cam)
- Composting EPA Composting at Home
- Compost Guide Composting Tips
- Compost Guide The Lazy Gardener’s Guide to Composting
- Earth Day Network Foodprints for the Future
- Earth Day Network Go Plant-Based
- EPA Food: Too Good to Waste
- EPA Reducing Food Waste
- Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Primer
email@example.com for Black and White Printouts – 10 cents each (pay at the Library)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Color Printouts – 50 cents each (pay at the Library)
Click HERE to upload your file to be printed
Are you doing some shopping? Please consider adding something from our Amazon Wish List! Lots of very inexpensive items are on the list that will help us out with crafts, storytimes, and other events. You can click the image below for more information. THANK YOU!
We now have passes to these museums:
- Imagine That!!! – admission for up to four (4) people
- The Intrepid Sea and Air Space Museum – admission for up to six (6) people
- The Morris Museum – admission for two (2) adults and three (3) children ages 5 – 18
- Storm King Art Center – admision for two (2) adults and four (4) children up to the age of 18
- USS Constitution Museum – admission for up to (9) people per day. Located in Boston, Massachusetts
For more information click HERE