The Denville Public Library offers museum passes FREE of charge to Denville Residents to the following museums:
- The Grounds for Sculpture – admission for upto four (4) people
- Imagine That!!! – admission for up to four (4) people
- The Intrepid Sea and Air Space Museum – admission for up to six (6) people
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may borrow a pass?
Adults with a Denville Library card in good standing with no outstanding fines or fees may borrow Museum passes. Passes can only be picked up by the person who made the reservation. Passes may not be picked up by other family members.
Passes are loaned for three days. One pass per household at any given time. Passes may NOT be renewed.
How Do I reserve a pass?
Call or come into the Denville Library and stop at the Circulation Desk. You must have your Library Card present to reserve a pass.
How often may I reserve a pass?
You may reserve one pass per museum per 90 day period. During Denville School vacation periods you may be limited to a maximum number of pass reservations during a specific week. Only one pass may be reserved per family for the same day.
Can I cancel my reservation
Pass reservations may be canceled up to one day in advance over the phone or in person. If a pass has already been picked up, it must be returned to the Denville Public Library upon cancelling the reservation. Same day cancellations will result in a 30 day waiting period to reserve another Museum Pass.
When may I pick up my reserved pass?
You may pick up your pass either the day before your reservation or the day of your reservation. You MUST have your library card in order to pick up a museum pass.
When and how must I return a pass?
Museum Passes must be returned to the Denville Library before 12 noon on the next day that the Library is open. Passes may NOT be left in the book drop.
What if I return it late or if I lose it?
If passes are not returned on time, the fine per day is $5.00. In the case of a lost pass, patrons will be charged for a new pass at the current rate of membership.
What passes are available?
- The Grounds for Sculpture – admission for up to four (4) people. Open Tuesday – Sunday. Closed Mondays.
- Imagine That!!! – admission for up to four (4) people. Open Tuesday – Sunday. Closed Mondays.
- The Intrepid Sea and Air Space Museum – admission for up to six (6) people. Open 7 days a week.
What do passes cover?
Passes cover admission fees but not special events/exhibits. Please call the museum for specifics.
Passes for Grounds for Sculpture are not valid on the following dates:
- Sunday, May 14, 2017 (Mother’s Day)
- Saturday, June 3, 2017 (Open 10am – 2pm)
- Saturday, June 10, 2017 (GFS 25th Anniversary Event)
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 (Annual GFS Fundraiser)
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 (Christmas Eve)
- Monday, December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day)
- Sunday, December 31, 2017 (New Year’s Eve) Open 10am – 2pm
Have more questions? Call the Library at 973-627-6555.